View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Just an update

I'm just past 6 months post-op, and doing pretty well. I had a facet rhizo just under a month ago. It seems to have reduced the sharp pain I had near the surface of my back. The day after the rhizo I was really excited as I didn't have any pain at all. I can't say that now, unfortunately. My husband had a major stroke last month, and I now have to help him with a lot of movements. I gotta say that I'm still happy with my ADR, because I don't think that without it and the rhizo, I would be able to help him like I am. If the cost of doing that is not getting down to no pain, and still being on some pain meds, I guess I can live with that. He's improving, and can almost transfer himself from bed to chair by himself, so I'm hopeful that this is not a permanent pain level for me. I still get some radiating pain in my hips and legs, and some SI pain with all the sitting and bending. The very localized pain around my implant is pretty well gone, so I'm happy about that. If it weren't for all the bending, and awkward positions I have to get into to help hubby, I think I would have very little pain. I got down to about a 2 most days before the stroke, and now only get up to 4-5 when I've done something I really shouldn't have. Thankfully my pain management doc is great, and really working with me. Hubby will come home from rehab hosp. sometime around May 3. Wish us luck!!
13 docs, 9 PT's, 8 Epidurals, 3 trigger point inj, 1 Facet Block, 1 Acupuncturist, 3 Chiros and 1 child later, had L4-5 ProDisc placed 9-19-06 by Dr. Janssen in Denver, CO. Facet rhizo March, 2007, November 2007, January 2009
Had healthy baby boy #2 in Dec 2008 with use of some meds during pregnancy and nursing.