View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 10:50 AM

Thanks for replies everyone. i have had 2 mri scans, one week and then 3 months after mva.

For pain i have been on several types of prescribed meds, avoiding injections so far.

The chronic butt pain drives me nuts and only eases off after a nights sleep.
Because i was injured from side impact into hip area, i don't know if the L5 fracture, the squashed bulging discs, or some unidentified damage in pelvic region is cause of pain, and i don't think the surgeon i saw knows either. If i simply damaged a disc when lifting at least i would know the cause of any pain as a starting point.

Thank you for the link Mark. More time might help, but feels chronic now. I found an article "Natural history of lumbar disc hernia with radicular leg pain....." and learned that the body more readily resorbs free fragments and disc extrusions, rather than contained herniations which is what i have.

I was reading about "myofascial release" and wonder has anyone tried it. There are lots of muscle layers, nerves and joints in our pelvic / posterior. i thought it might be a safe treatment to try. Would be a miracle if it helped. Water exercise therapy has not helped so far. kind regards, Deb