View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 11:36 PM

Hi Maria,
Well we all had a pretty nice Christmas here.
My spine is still giving me problems and also my legs and hip . So i stay on percocet. I need to get organized and start eating more protein. Last time i went to my nutritionist doc i had lost weight but some of it was muscle.

I went part way up my local trail yesterday. It was so hard, i felt like a turtle going up who was out of breath and hurting. going down wasn't too bad although i was very tired. I just kept it to 35 minutes up hill . It took me almost the same amount of time to go downhill as i am so afraid of falling and some parts are slippery. Buddy came with me and although it has also been about 6 months since he has been up there, you sure couldn't tell by his running up hill . I let him off the leash on the trail, he doesn't go far and always waits for me or comes back to see where i am.

My other huge problem now is this terrible fatigue. I had a normal cortisol reading so my endo told me to wean off it and i have only been taking a tiny amount. when i wake up , i get my computer out and keep falling asleep and have a really hard time getting out of bed. I woke up today at 9 and did not stop falling asleep until 1. That was in the middle of drinking coffee and after i ate breakfast. I think the normal cortisol only lasted a few days and i am deficient again. I will get a lab slip tonight to have it rechecked. That problem will be getting to a lab at 7:30ish!!!! But i need to do it so i can get back on the proper dose if needed. I hope that is my fatigue problem and not something unknown.
well i need to get moving to get to my volunteer night at my endocrinoligist tonight
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot