View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 12:46 AM

Hi Maria,
I loved the heat wave. It is gone now for sure. Today hiking was nice with the cooler weather, i actually went further. Seems like going down hill feels normal with my spine. I like that, that is when my feet start bothering me , but really with my toes taped together it really hasn't been that bad.
Going up hill is a different story. My posture do to my back hurting makes me want to fall over on my face. (I have done that before although not recently) It is really not that bad anymore, but that is only due to percocet.
I have been in physical therapy now for 2 weeks and Friday when i was leaving, i just felt great.
I'm not saying i feel that great. I still wake up in a world of hurt and take forever to get going. That includes the hour for the pain meds to kick in. I don't take them immediately, i always hope i can function without them. But i really can not.
Hope you have your insurance card now. Jeff's insurance is Aetna, i used to have bc/ppo and it was so much cheaper for me. Each prescription if it is normal was $5 before now they are $15 and up each. Big difference when you take a lot of medicine.
Hope your new year has started off good.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot