View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 10:06 PM

Hi Maria,
I am having my bone density checked by my nutritionist in a few weeks. I am curious as to what kind of decline i may have., I think i counted 4 spine fractures and my femur fractured during my hip replacement surgery . Also stress fractures on both of the heels of my feet. Not good. That is why i am so cautious about falling . Unfortunately i am such a clutz too and always have been.
My endocrine function is all in the normal ranges now, with treatment so maybe my bones have stayed the same. With all my spinal hardwear they had to change to using my wrist for bone density. I have on hip and my wrists left !!

My spine surgeon took me our of physical therapy saying if i was not getting any pain relief from it , i was wasting my sessions . Insurance only pays for so many .Now the plan is to see him in another month, have another set of shots and then go back to therapy.
As far as my neck, some things were stressing it in therapy so he said to stop doing anything that stresses it and to wear the brace all the time once again. He said i will probably need the brace for my whole life. This time he wasn't kidding!!! The less i have been wearing it , the more pain i have been in neck wise.
Talk again soon,
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy