View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 01:33 AM

Aaron,
for me DrRegan (did the Vats surgery) he had no people skills, spent as little time as he could with me . After the damage he caused to the nerve that controls the diaphragm,(the lung cannot function properly anymore) he did not own up to it. I was in intensive care after after i stopped breathing in recovery, he never came to see me or helped me in any way. I was confused, he also had turned me over and removed a lot of thorasic hardwear without ever mentioning it to me. The anesthesiologist had to stop the surgery as i was having difficulty with my lung . My oxygen concentration kept getting into the dangerous level and he was worried about brain damage. Regan did not stop the surgery. I did not see him and i was in the hospital for 2 weeks, later had lung surgery . He never owned up; to it when I went to see him at his office after the surgery. I had my local spine surgeon check the incision as it never happened in the hospital either, they all kept waiting for DrRegan to do it. Very bad surgical experience and a life time of lost lung capacity.

But the discogram did prove the discs that were painful and he did remove one of them and that horrible pain was gone a few months later .
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot