View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 04:12 PM

Cheryl, take this with a "grain of salt". Here's my experience.

I had 5 neck surgeries over 4 levels. I am fused from C4-C7 and have an ADR at C3/C4. I originally had 3 ADR's. 3 of my surgeries where over a 1 year period from mid 2009 - mid 2010. One of my sugeries was having revision surgery, ADR to fusion.

I had occipital nerve issues post surgery. Head, ear, neck pain and burning arm and hand pain. After well over a year of struggling I am doing pretty good. Other than an occasional neck ache, my biggest issue is if I wave my arm around to much I get a burning ache feel. Over time that has made impovement. In all I am very satisfied where my neck is considering what I had done.

Being in so much discomfort post surgery I went to countless Dr's.. I had trigger point injections, facet Riz., massage therapy, estim and what ever else I could think of and get a DR. to do. Well none of that really worked.

What worked for me is time, stretching, excersise and getting my emotional well being. I wouldn't discount the time it takes for recovery, nor discount what our minds can do to enhance our pain perseption.

I never thought my issues where all in my mind. But what I figured out is my mind made my problems more intense. With the amount of surgeries we have had, we are so intune with our body and any symptoms we have.

What I should have done post surgery was take some kind of anxiety pill to get my mind from racing. Take a step back and let time help me. Running to Drs. and procedures doesn't always work.

Good luck and be well.