View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 09:07 PM

Hooch,
I now know what you were talking about in your original post. I have had lots of pain over the years from my back as well as other medical conditions. I had been married for 28 years and my husband abandoned me after my surgery in August. It was from t-7 through L-4 and quite a lot was done including extending my already long fusion. I was in lots of pain, couldn't drive, only one week out of the hospital when he decided to leave. No reason given he said he was leaving , i was shocked , totally shocked. Then he wouldn't talk to me or email me. All my attempts at communication were stopped. I learned a few weeks later that he had moved in with a girl he had just met around my surgery time. Probably why he never came to visit and sent my daughter to pick me up. We had a problem with a dead battery and i ended up walking quite a distance to get to a car to take me home from the hospital. His phone was turned off.

He has communicated just a little since that point. He has still basically left me with chronic pain and 4 kids to finish raising. He completely shut himself off from his kids, it is like we all don't exist anymore.
So now i do understand your pain. I started off very sad. But the bad treatment my kids have gotten from their dad has recently changed that to pure anger. My future is very shaky.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot