View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 02:08 AM

Default Bone Growth Stimulator

Greetings from Texas. I received my bone growth stimulator on Wednesday. I'm supposed to wear it for 30 minutes at the same time daily. The technician that delivered it was great and answered all of my questions. It is called CMF OL1000 Bone Growth Stimulator. It's external and easy to operate and put on. After the 1st use, yesterday I had an increase in pain. The tech had to come back to have me sign a form that he had forgotten so I asked if anyone had experienced an increase in pain after use. He said no, and the operators manual and everything that I have been able to find and read says that no side effects have been noted. He mentioned that it might have been the way I was sitting and it may have pushed on an area that was tender. So, today I made a point to make sure that I just sat on the bed and did not lean on anything. But again, I had an increase in pain. I don't feel anything during the treatment. I'm just curious what other peoples experience was with the use of a bone growth stimulator. My L4/5, L5/S1 fusion surgery was 11 months ago. Thanks. J