View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 04:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen vineyard View Post
Really ?????, it's 2012 & you're speaking about cases from years ago & Dr. Rothstein is no longer associated w/ NAS. Don't get me wrong, I'm truely sorry for those who had less than optimal results. But, the Accurascope & NAS saved my life. As a long time critical care RN i know no surgery is w/o risk, no one ever thinks they'll be the % that doesn't do well. Yet, as i stated NAS saved me.It's been 2 yrs & every day I believe NAS was "my miracle". Prior to then i was off work for 11 months in constant pain w/ loss of right leg reflexes. I tried "everything"--epidurals, lumbar decompression, PT, acupuncture, massage, chiropractic, pain pills, muscle relaxants, ........( you get the picture). Then Accurascope L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1, DND. Three hours later I was having lunch pain free! Now I know at least 25 people from my Calif.that have traveled to TX for the Accurascope procedure & all are very happy they went to NAS. I went back to work in 2 weeks. And yes I'm back to doing the things I love to do- walking my 80 lb dog, river rafting, Zumba, traveling......
Less than optimal results? OMFG! People have been maimed by them.

AccuraScope removes part of the annulus. The annulus is the hard part of the disk that keep the pulpulsus inside like the way a tire holds in air.

Let's say you have a bulge in a tire and that bulge is rubbing against the fender. An idiot mechanic would shave off some of the bulge and eventually the bulge would grow again until the is catastrophic failure.

A cheap fix would be to fix the bulge from the inside. The tire would not work quite as well but it would not explode

The best solution is to replace it.

Here are that patients are saying, "Accura Scope": Pain Management Community - Support Group