View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Administrator

I have moved this post to the NSR / support forum because it is not spine related. I was hoping it would fade away, but since it has been revived, I’ll weigh in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR seeker View Post
The guy who runs it is named Ron..... .
Ron's last name and email addres have been redacted. Posting this type of information to cause problems for someone is completely inappropriate.

Quote:
Ron won't have the honesty to come here and defend his action but I will invite him
You are asking the moderator of another forum to come to iSpine to relitigate your banning? Do you think this is an appropriate use of this forum? We have discussed similar topics before, but only because there were mass bannings at another forum that affected the community as a whole.

Quote:
He's probably a med head.
Do I really have to say this? Creating / spreading rumors about others, name calling, etc… is inappropriate. (See “All I Really Need to Know, I Learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR seeker View Post
However, I am in a position to hack their forum and steal pass words. For now I am letting them twist in the wind as I am there PMing members.

Register there and act up. They deserve it.
This is unbelievable. If you don’t like a website, don’t use it? The idea that you’d discuss hacking a forum, stealing passwords, starting a PM campaign against the forum and encouraging others to create problems there is outrageous.

It does not suprise me to hear that he has been banned from other forums. IMHO, he has intentionally made provocative and negative posts to see where the line is. I've considered banning him before, but he was willing to dial it back a bit when asked. Unfortunately, these new posts are so far over the line that I must take action. If this was a new problem or an isolated incident I’d just contact ADR seeker offline and hopefully resolve this quietly. It is with great regret that I’m banning ADR Seeker. He frequently posts useful information and is a productive member of the forum. I don’t care for the constant negativity, but I always err on the side of less moderation don’t like to ban people. I frequently ban spammers, but that is just ordinary upkeep for any forum. In 5 years of running iSpine, the members I have banned for cause (other than spam) can be counted on one hand and the reasons are pretty egregious.

I’m sorry that ADR Seeker finds himself in spinal hell. I’m sorry that things have occurred that make him seem so negative and angry. However, the idea that he would willfully do damage to a community of spine patients because he is unhappy about a decision the moderator made makes him unwelcome here at iSpine.

Again, in spite of the difficulties he presents, I consider ADR Seeker to be a productive member of the community. The ban is not permanent. I hope he’ll contact me and somehow correct this.

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org