View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 08:56 AM

Default re the flat back syndrome

I remember Judy mentioning this after her last spine surgery I believe which is at least several months ago. I'm surprised however that the hammertoes just occured tho I can imagine that maybe when you're walking Judy and leaning forward that your toes (like mine) are grasping (like claws almost) at the surface of the shoe and hence the hammertoes.

When I"m wearing sandels that are open toe and not walking fast (as in power walking) just hanging around all day the foot that bothers me (re toes) is OK.

Problem is my right ankle isn't OK as I need to use an orthotic or insert in tennis shoes for my flat feet so can't walk around all day in sandels.

Anyway.. this is about you~ sounds like what Mark is saying makes sense re fusing of practically your whole spine and the natural ability for the spine to compensate being reduced or even gone mostly.

You see it in older people whose spines who have lost their natural curvatures of their spines...the bent knee sort of pitched forward stance only usually with head looking down... often seen w/cane for support.

Last edited by Maria; 03-19-2012 at 12:41 PM.