View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 01:55 AM

Default re packing

Hey Judy,
I'm doing pretty good w/packing and my hub took Lola so I have alot more time to concentrate on packing w/o having to go out 4 time/day to walk the dog plus when I have surgery I will not have to walk her. I will have to take care of the cats re litter and feedings and also find someone to give Winston fluids sub q if I can't do it which I doubt the first week I may feel like doing. Actually so far I've not been able to convince Winston I can do it so have had to take him to the Vet for this.

I think I probably won't move till at least the end of May. That way I can get the surgery over with and be where people can help me out and then recover enough for the move and be able to do stuff when I get in my new place~ like end of May beginning of June.

At least this is what I'm thinking today!!! It'll be weird to be hanging out around a bunch of packed boxes and really boring tho hopefully the first week I'll be in too much pain to care and the 2nd week I'll be getting better and by the 3rd and 4th week I hope I'll be making serious progress. I'm a bit worried with the lymphedema in that extremity (right leg) and hope it doesn't blow up beacause of the surgery. I thnk tho if I keep my foot and leg evevated most of the first week after surgery I should do pretty good.

I'll have a hard time trying to bathe/shower in my current apt. with the surgery tho I hope that too will be OK. I definately keep you in mind for help tho hopefully I'll do Ok with the people around here that can help me.

Too bad you had to clean the bathroom as that's something I worry about having to do but with regard to cleaning up after the cats in the bathroom vs. kids! I hope your toe that you think broke is OK and hope you heal really quickly~ I think the swelling with the hammertoe surgery is the biggest thing once the first week or two passes then you just have to have shoes that adapt basically..if my memory serves me correctly!

Hope you'll do Ok in the airport next week! take it easy and just try to heal before you have to travel! Maria