View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 02:31 PM

Default I can ride!

A bike w/o back pain!!! I'm so excited! A few years ago I still couldn't ride much w/o getting low back pain and burning in my legs and now~ it's amazing!!!! I'm in heaven! Love riding... love it! And yeah I do have that springy thing on my seat and it's a Giant 21 speed males bike city bike. GREAT! Switched and rode my friends Townie 21 speed yesterday for a bit w/a really comfortable light weight seat. Wow that thing was so lightweight! Incredible!!!

ooooohhhh booyyyyyyyyyy! Well this is flat terrain here so that's probably why I'm ok. I did feel the bumps on one street here w/o a bike path and got off it pretty quickly. It had been repaved tho felt better before they did that.

*** adding that yesterday I rode for an hour straight and rode on "bumpy" newly paved street that bothered me several days before w/o any prob. I had saddle numbness when getting off the bike after an hour tho no pain. No pain that evening and no pain the next day! Wow! Am I better? I sure feel like it. The funny thing is that a few months ago my back ached so bad upon rising for at least an hour or two and when I got into bed. Like arthritic pain ya know? Not the failed back surgery pain. Still enough to make me feel like I was "up there" in years!

I was looking at a CT scan of '06 that showed a disc bulge at L4 of 4mm I believe and L5S1 of 2mm. The L4 disc bulge was abutting the nerve. Just about a year ago my Ortho told me after seeing my most recent low back xray that he thought I had autofused at L5S1. I'd love to hear that's the case w/L4 too and hence the alleviation of pain. That would great. I like the whole idea of letting my body take care of itself if that is possible and when it's not hopefully surgical intervention only then. That'd be ideal should that be possible. If not I'll be like my 71 y.o. friend that I visited today in the Rehab institute in Long Beach after her decompression laminectomy and fusion spine surgery. She's doing so much better!!! Yay!!!! I hope that would my story in the future if I have to have more spine surgery.

Last edited by Maria; 04-01-2012 at 11:49 PM.