View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 05:05 AM

Smile Reply to Jim 3yrs post op

Hi Jim
My Name is Lorna, I am an Aussue mum of 4 who is now 20mths post L5-S1 disc replacement. I have the same sort of pain as you by the sound of it! Burning pain at the disc site leval that extends bilaterally down both legs to my toes. One day the right leg is the worst the next it may be the left leg. I know my pain is related to motion but have no idea which one!! Lifting over about 5kgs is an automatic week pain increase as is sex but hey, you gotta live! I am 34 yrs old and first injured myself in 2004 so I, like you feel too young for this pain stuff. I have always wondered if a fusion would have been the better option but was told the disc was #$%& so ADR was only choice. In research I have done post-op it seems that sooooooo many post ADR pts (especially with lower lumber discs) havehuge ongoing nerve and pain issues. I am having a Neurostimulator implanted next week which will apparantly change the pain to a tingling instead, heres hoping anyway!! I hope you feel less alone knowing that I know EXACTLY what your pain feels like! People who have not felt it would have no idea, it interrupts your thought processes and your whole functioning not to mention the depression that inevitably comes with it. Keep your chin up and my magic INSTANT PAIN RELIEF IS HOT WATER BOTTLES UNDER DISC SITE AND LEGS RAISED ON PILLOWS WITH HOT PACKS UNDER THE WHOLE LEG IT IS INSTANT HEAVEN UNTIL THEY COOL DOWN! mIGHT WORK FOR YOU? i HAVE RESEARCHED HAVING THE DISC REMOVED AND A FUSION DONE BUT IT WILL ONLY CAUSE MORE NERVE PAIN AND AS L5-S1 IS AT THE JUNCTION OF MAJOR VESSELS, IT IS LIFE-THREATENING SURGERY SO REALLY LOOK INTO IT. i SLEEP ON MY RIGHT SIDE WITH A PILLOW BETWEEN MY KNEES AND HOT PACKS HELD AT THE DISC SITE BY TRUSTY UNDIES!! VALIUM IS ALSO GOOD FOR SLEEP AND AS IT IS A MUSCLE RELAXANT IT TENDSTO STOP NOCTURNAL SPASAMING OF THE BACK( BUT IS NOT AN EVERY NIGHT THING ONLY "A CAN'T STAND IT ANY MORE NIGHT THING"). tAKE cARE MATE, THINKING OF YOU! lORNA