Thread: disc extrusion
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Administrator

digglybones, if you capitalize and punctuate your posts, they'll be easier for us old folks to read. (somebody smack me... I never use smileys! oh crap... there goes another!)

Sitting during a meeting: That is what you do for brief periods in between sessions of rudely standing and pacing around the back of the room.

I'm 10 years post-op from a very successful 2-level lumbar ADR. While I got 90 - 95% reduction of my leg/foot pain with the surgery, I still have pain when wearing some shoes. It doesn't seem to bother me when walking or doing anything that has me moving around keeping my mind off of it. However, when I sit still for a long time like when working at desk or driving, I frequently MUST take my L shoe off.

Waiting a year for pain management. I don't think pain management means what they think it means. If you can wait a year, why not 2 or 5??? Either you are suffering enough to need pain management or you are not. Seeing a PM doctor a year from now doesn't seem reasonable to me.
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org