View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 02:43 PM

Default re 3 level fusion

EO,
I'm going to wish you the best possible outcome and recovery with your upcoming fusion on 5/31. We'll be having surgery on the same day tho mine will be a bunion and hammertoe surgery on my right foot which will leave me with an uneven gait and increased back pain for ? amt. of time... tho not nearly as big a surgery as yours.

I have sort of left my spine alone re further diagnostics mostly because symptoms are unchanged or better w/o doing anything. I have had a backache quite a bit lately tho am packing to move so that makes sense. I also am active in between with walks and other outtings tho still have to limit sitting when pain is acting up.

My legs do get stiff and feel weak at times. I attribute that to my low back probs tho. Have had arm weakness in the past which was not attributed to my cervical spine altho there were some findings there just not significant enough to have caused the arm weakness it was deemed post cervical MRI(s).

Again wishing you the best and hope you'll be able to come back and post to let us know how're you're doing post op. take care, Maria