View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 03:53 PM

Hi EO
I have had a cervical fusion (bone density is too bad for any disc replacement) of the same levels you are having done. My symptoms were electric shocks for a year or more, which i just ignored. then my neck got totally stiff and i could not move it freely. I went to a chiropractor who took x-rays and told me my cervical spine was in very bad shape. I showed them to my spine doc , who i had been seeing for lower back pain, and he confirmed i was in bad shape. While trying therapy to help , my left arm in particular began hurting , soon enough it did become weak. I was in a program lifting weights with both arms , when i noticed the therapist teasing me about not lifting as well with the left arm. At that point an MRI had confirmed severe problems in my cervical spine and i had surgery in 2007.

I have leg weakness now, but i am not sure what that is from, possibly my lumbar spine. I'm not sure if cervical spine issues effect the legs. Hopefully someone will post that knows.

good luck to you on your upcoming surgery. I am facing one as i have a new lumbar fracture.
I too am packing to move, just like Maria and had hammertoe correction on my left foot so far about 7 weeks ago!!!
Again, good luck and let us know how you did and are doing after your surgery.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5

Last edited by jsewell; 05-20-2012 at 03:55 PM.