View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 04:11 PM

Default thriving surviving and such

Mark,
Sorry to hear you're not doing well and feeling bummed. It's so easy esp. when you're a high achiever usually very active person.

I'd say that I'm surviving and thriving to the degree that my pain has been pretty well controlled and I've been fairly active. Of course I don't do that much however have been consistantly been able to walk a good amt. and be social on a regular basis.

Recently with my upcoming move I did find that sitting re the drive from here to Laguna area does bug the crap out of my back quite a bit. Of course that had been laced with packing and lifting boxes (not too heavy or I can't lift them at all).

And I still have probs with sitting and pain vs. being able to walk and be upright.

Mentally how I handle the pain is probably has to do with the known vs. the unknown since I've had the same back patterns now for years. I have learned how to handle my flare ups and what minimizes and maximizes my pain. At least so far.

There's plenty I've missed out on because of my back probs tho there's so much that I felt I didn't ever think I'd be able to do again or even that I would feel as good as I have the last 6-7 years so I really try to keep that kind of mindset in check and not get down about how much I've missed out on and instead thinking of what I can still do and enjoy.

I know that when my pain is more acute or heightened my mental outlook changes tho I still feel that one has to be hopeful as best able.

Also I do try as much as I'm able to keep my general stress levels down and to enjoy what makes me happy and healthy.