View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 03:31 PM

Default Update

For those interested here's a quick review and update.

Update:

Been 2 years since my last Surgery. I am "fused" at C4/5, C5/6, C6/7 with an Prestige ADR at C3/C4. I have no real pain, problems, or limitations to speak of. With the obvious exception of head rotation or looking straight up, which you would hardy notice. I do not over exert my self by lifting over my head. I feel blessed to be on the other side and pray to stay. there.

History:

Had a fusion at C6/C7 in 2002. At that time we knew it was only a matter of time for C4/5 & C5/6, they were already showing problems. Also had a mid line hernation at C3/C4.

I had 2 M6 ADR's installed at Stenum (C4/5, C5/6) in 2009.

Post Stenum my problems were worse. After MRI's and CT's back in the states showed that the foramen was never addressed during my 40 minute surgery at Stenum. I had always had good disk height so the M6 Surgery was useless. My Ortho. took out C5/6 M6 and fused me with hopes that C4/C5 were more stable and C3/C4 was not an issue.

The revision was a success. As luck would have it the M6 at C4/C5 had fused over. My Ortho. stated they are seeing this issue with low profile ADR's such as the M6.

More bad luck, I was having problems at C3/4 central herniation. My Dr. gave me the option of ADR or fusioin. I elected to be his first ADR patient. I chose the Prestige ADR because the the fixation and easier for future revision if need be.