View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Wicked was great. With some dumb-luck, we stumbled into the last weekend of the pre-broadway tune-up run in San Francisco, so we got to see Idina Menzel in her Tony winning performance as Elphaba. Kristen Chenowith as Glinda with a Guh was also wonderful.

If you get the DVD of Rent, Idina Menzel is great as Maureen... She was in the original Broadway cast and was nominated for a Tony for Rent.

BTW, I learned that Rent was coming to town because of a great service that Cervie Queen told me about. www.goldstarevents.com has a weekly mailer that tells you about events in your area. Events that are not selling out are often available on goldstar for 50% or even less. We've found some wonderful performances via goldstar and it often causes us to go see things that we never would have even known about. Not only big productions like Rent (available on goldstar at 50% this week), but also small community theaters.

I'll post here about Rent... seeing it tonight.

Mark

PS... Les Mis most expensive seats were $111... orchestra... seemed reasonable - especially for such a massive production.
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org