View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:09 PM

My going to LSI was based on having my MRI reviewed at a seminar in Rhode Island. The physician saw the films, listened to me and said I was "definitely a candidate".

The surgical nurse who spoke to me first at the LSI facility was surprised I was there because I am not a "pain patient".

I'm not sure how much detail to go into, the specific facilities, doctor's names, etc.

I believe my condition is the result of a trauma in high school football (1977), helmet-to-helmet and I went to the ground feeling like I'd been hit by lightning. I was back-boarded and examined but I had no peripheral symptoms at the time. In fact, I played that weekend wearing a neck roll

I have disc compression and herniation and an osteophyte, cervical spine. In the MRI you can see the very subtle pressure on the spinal dura, just enough where the cerebral spinal fluid disappears. The images are taken when your lying down. The disc instability is enough where, if I walk or rake or vacuum I am disabled from the waist down in about 35 minutes. My symptoms (burning, clonus, hyperreflexivity) have been acknowledged to be cervical in origin.

I believe I am a candidate for MISS but I feel the Fibrin therapy may be very appropriate.