View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 12:22 PM

Default Two months postop endoscopic RF of my facets.

I'm two months postop from my facet endoscopic RF. As of a week or so ago my pain has been reduced by 20%. With the endoscopic RF it's a better procedure because they can visualize the tissue when nerves. Also because they can visualize the facets they ablate more tissues and nerves. My Dr. told me that if it works the pain reduction will last longer than the wire RF procedure. My surgeon told me he ablated to tissue and nerves always down to the bone and that it takes some time for those nerves to die off. Apparently my nerves finally are starting to die off. I still have pain but it's controllable at this point. Like I said above I'm about 20% better. I been house bound for one year post my hybrid surgery. So this little relief has made me able to walk a little further, drive a little longer and I even smiled a little more. My surgeon also told me if the endoscopic procedure goes well that I could have pain re-adduction up to two years. Of course the endoscopic is a good procedure with little risk. Also with the endoscopic RF the Dr. can visualize the nerves and tissues below the facet joints and you can ablate more tissue and nerves of course due to the visualization of the structure. And the other good thing with RF there is very little complications with the procedure because they don't enter in your spinal column. I would highly recommend anybody who's post artificial disc replacement with painful facet joints postop. I hope in the next month or so I get even a little bit more better. My Dr. also told me with the endoscopic RF that I can get up to two years or maybe even five years. It's definitely better than the wire RF procedure. I will keep you posted in a month from now at what my condition is. Thank you for listening and I hope you all have found that surgery have reduced your painful symptoms. Mark thanks for talking to me over the phone it helped to talk to somebody who understands. I will mail your check this week, sorry it took so long. Font

Last edited by zfontana; 07-29-2012 at 12:32 PM.