Thread: Alastair's post
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Alastair,

I'm not sure what to think of this post. Cindy is a member here and will post her story if she sees fit. I hope she does.

Unless Cindy specifically asked you to post her words here, I'm not sure I understand your role or your purpose. "Infection at Straubing" sounds like a bad movie title. (BTW, Cindy is in Bogen. Hotel is in Straubing.) I have been speaking to Cindy and her husband. There is much you don't know. It seems completely inappropriate for you to make such a post. The correct information shoud be, and I hope will be posted by the people involved, with a tone and in the manner that they feel is appropriate. If they choose to make posts with inflammatory titles, they will.

Please don't use someone else's words to make inflammatory posts unless:

1. You have been asked to by the author.

2. You know the facts.

3. You are posting useful information for the benefit of the patient community. That is, after all, what these patient communities are about.

If you are going to be the town crier and will be posting other people's words, please explain what criteria you'll be using for newsworthy items. Why only this?

I'm changing the title of your post so the content will remain for now. (I do not object to the content.) I hope that Cindy will come and post her story. If she does that, I'll delete this post unless it generates some interesting discussion about the ethics of posting other people's words, inflammatory and uninformed posts, etc...

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org