Thread: Alastair's post
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 05:48 PM

Default A Very Misleading Post, Alistair

For the benefit of the many readers and bloggers who participate in this fine site, I am compelled to join iSpine today for the sole purpose of correcting the terribly misleading inferences posted by Alistair.
Let me state my credentials in the matter. My wife is the person who was quoted by Alistair.
Now, let me set the record straight: We went back for a post-op appointment yesterday (Thursday) and were disappointed to find out that there was an issue with the incision. It appeared to be an infection, but without a surgical procedure to re-open, evaluate, clean and close, it was too early to tell. Naturally, my wife and I were disappointed. That disappointment was clearly felt in my wife's posting.
Today (Friday) we went back to the hospital in Bogen and Dr. B went in himself and evaluated the situation. It is highly likely that there is NO infection. In fact, the surgery and supporting labs are likely going to indicate that there were other factors impacting her incision.
The type of posting made by Alistair clearly indicates an alternative agenda on his part. This is concerning and this is why I went through the motions to join the iSpine community.
Alistair, I am disappointed in your judgement to broadcast an alarmist view that was not initiated on this web site... and to choose to call out in colored font the word "infection" clearly indicates that you have some sort of agenda that does not include fairness or balance.
To all the fine members of Mark Mintzer's site, I offer an apology for the sorry and inaccurate, out-of-context, and misguided posting of this gentleman "Alistar".
I am equally pleased to inform you that despite this minor setback, Cindy and I are terrifically impressed with not only ProSpine and Dr. Bertagnoli, but the exceptional service and quality afforded the patients of the Kreiskrankenhaus in Bogen.
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to clear the air on this matter.
Rick