Thread: ER Experiences?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:06 PM

Default re ER for severe back pain

Honestly I prefer going to Mexico and seeing a doctor there that will prescribe IM Toradol that I can give myself for my awful neck/back spasms. Works like a charm. I can't get any of my docs (not even PM) to prescribe the IM form here even tho I was an RN/NP for many years yet my friend from Oregon who also was an RN/NP can get her PM there to prescribe injectable Toradol for her.

As one doctor once told me about getting Soma in Mexico vs. him prescribing he said he'd rather prescribe it for me and at least have it documented on records and accounted for vs. having his patients go across the border and obtaining medications. He also said that often a patient wouldn't report what they may take that they obtain in this manner and not doing so could set someone up (doctor and patient) for an interaction with medications and possibly even a fatal interaction.

Re going to the ER for my back pain as I probably said earlier the other thing I'd do before going to an ER is go to Urgent Care. I get treated more quickly and the co pay is either that of an office visit or less than half of what my co pay is at the ER.

If I thought something was truly emergent I'd go to the ER but my stinkin' back flares are just a big ol' pain and nothing new to me "so far."