View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 01:51 PM

Default re waiting

Sure re support.. no prob tho do want to also add the flip side of sometimes waiting over a few years is that generally the degenerative process continues and while it may not present any noticable added pain (or so one thinks) this process may mean elimination of a once viable surgical option.

Case in point... in 2003 I was eligible for a 2 level ADR surgery and in 2006 because of facet changes at the L5S1 area doctors instead offered a fusion at L5S1 and ADR at L4.

I think I saw my Primary Treating ortho about a year ago and he said now I'm not eligible for anything to do with ADR since I've waited so long...

Well honestly I really don't want to have more spine surgery if I absolutely don't have to...

so there's waiting and there's waiting... each of us are different about what we do and when tho I must admit I had gotten a fair amount of 3rd surgery surgical opinions all pretty much in agreement about what to do. I just started to feel better by the time surgery was auth'd so opted not to do it (even tho I'm sure via films and such my spine looks much worse).