View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 04:32 AM

Thanks Maria,
Saw my surgeon for pre op #2 today.
well that is pre op #2 within a month. spine surgery # 9 i think. Surgery is Sept 10th. i am doing my hospital pre op this saturday. hard to fit it in with my 2 driving children in college. My youngest has not started high school yet and has not faced the music . Soon, i hope.
I am now using a wheelchair to get around the bottom of the house, i have all but abandoned going upstairs . Only on very important occasions when I decide to shower. Just not worth the pain i decided today. I at times cannot put any weight on my right leg/foot. Sometimes it also hurts like crazy just anywhere , just can't get comfortable. Therefore , I cannot sleep. Mostly every night. At my x-ray today it showed that all my lower screws from the surgery at beginning of this month are pulling out. On Septembers surgery they will remove the very loose screws and some up further up. Then find some way to connect them to the sacrum level. If this does not work, he will have to go in from the front to stabilize the lumbar spine. uUUGGHH
I really can't do anything for myself and am totally relying on my 3 kids who are still living at home. Today is 4 weeks out from the surgery and 3 weeks at home not being able to walk.
I have been assured by my surgeon that i will be able to walk once this next surgery is over. He told his assistant if anything happened where their is an opening in his schedule to call me in . For now I just lay down and wait!
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot