View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:49 AM

Default re cleaning the kitchen

Judy,
I was going to scold you about cleaning the kitchen tho I know how that is when things get sooo bad.. and also as I was telling my neighbor earlier how badly I was hurting yesterday she said she saw that I was out sweeping the area in front of our places and down the sidewalk all along to the other building and not to do that as she didn't want me doing it all the time! I had forgotten that I even did that~ for some reason sweeping can get to me. Guess because of bending forward and kind of moving from the waist to sweep.. who knows?

Anyway now it's near 3a.m. and my stomach is hurting so I woke up from a not so good sleep anyway. I haven't been active enough to sleep well lately. Walking Lola isn't enough exercise for me then again when I can't walk I don't really exercise!

5 weeks of severe pain is a long time. I remember when I used to have really severe back pain and could hardly do anything but lie down. I won't say how long that lasted tho back then Pain Management didn't really prescribe actual pain medication for persons my age so I was given an antidepressant medication for the neuropathies (elavil)and some super trippy serious pysch drug for the pain that just made me an absolute zombie so I had to stop taking it. It also made my eyes stay wide open and I had a flat affect on it.

I'm so glad that at least medicine has progressed to actually prescribe medicines that do treat pain then again I'm nearly 30 years older than when first having problems and well out of child bearing years.

Hope those 20 pills will be enough for you and hope you do remember to ask your surgeon for a script post op. I think you better write that on your forehead so he can see it just in case you forget!!!

I hope the sciatica will be alleviated w/the removal of screws too. Seems like lots of people have probs with screws and get them removed. Hope that it's just the pain that's making you have a difficult time standing up straight. Seems like 5 weeks of severe pain would do that!

I'll probably write you again tomorrow tho also wanted to make sure to wish you the absolute best with your surgery and hope it goes well w/o complications. Also hope that postop you're going to be well medicated and that the end result is wayyyyy less pain and stability "in there!" Will be thinking about you and sending along good thoughts and prayers!