View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 04:58 PM

STill in the hospital but am starting to feel human again. The surgery on Monday Sept 10th went well. I woke up in the afternoon and was doing great. ARound 7 pm that night i started getting a headache and vomiting. The headache got really severe. It ended up being a very bad migraine (versus a spinal headache) and i was given imitrex. It did a little good, but not the charm. A few days later, still getting this drug every 8 hours i started thinking about what i may be missing as the headache seemed to change. I went back on all medications as soon as i could keep them down. After 4 days with headaches it ended up a good cup of coffee cured me. The ones i ordered from the food service were de caff, i had no idea. One of my nurses on Friday was aware of this and brought me the nurses coffee and that did the trick for all day. The headache was back last night . I did take an imitrex pill but read up on it and decided no more. Headache back this morning and i again had a cup of joe from the nurses and was cured again. Not sure how the rest of the day will go.

As far as the spine, this was a wonderful surgery. What my surgeon did was remove all the hard wear from L2 thr L5 (even the one level he just fused last month) . I woke up leg pain free. Maybe 5% is left, but i can sure live with that. My legs still need a walker from 6 weeks of non use. I was in a wheelchair. So my doc removed the hard wear and put in more bone. WE are hoping for the best as the next step will be going in from the front to fuse the lumbar spine.
After 6 days i will be going home tomorrow and hopefully start the healing process. Now to work on the bone density issue.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot