View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 04:22 PM

Hi Maria,
I thought i sent you an email. Maybe in my dreams!
I am still using a walker to be able to stand up straight and walk. My right side and to the hip area is really bothering me the last few days. If it lasts i will call my doc next week. I sure hope in about 2 weeks to get down to a cane. But i am in so much better shape than last month.
My house closed yesterday. I am giving myself 2 weeks to get out of here. I asked my ex (the divorce went through last week) to please help my son who is the only one to pack. I have had no response so i guess that is a no. I hear of so many ex's that really help their former partner, but not mine. Maybe it is his new wife. To top it all off, my son was puking all day yesterday, he hasn't gotten up yet, but i suspect he will not be in any shape to help today. I will probably just go over there and measure stuff to see what i need to leave behind. I also have to get the appliances so i need to measure and make sure they are standard sizes.

I've been in stores twice with my daughter before she moved to Irvine. It is so much easier with a walker to walk through a smooth surface. On the sidewalks the darn thing gets stuck in every little tiny crack. If i am going too fast(still slow) it almost tips over. They sell these little things like tiny ski's , i saw a walker with one the other day. I think if i have time with someone taking me i will get some. The rubber tips seem silly to have on there. I do have home physical therapy and we just started on some leg exercises. Nothing to strengthen yet, just some really easy stuff.

Now for the terrifying move!!
I promise i will not pick up a thing that weighs more than a pound.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot