View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 PM

Default moving

Judy,
So sorry your youngest is sooo sad. I'm doing much better now tho I do miss good ol' Long Beach tho mostly how much I felt good about driving here there and everywhere within a certain area.

I remember when my parents had to move every few years as my father was working for Nuclear Power Plant co and we moved every two years as he was the chief field accountant (in charge of payroll and the books) and it was sooo hard when I was in high school as I was in 3 diff high schools and we moved from MA. to EL Paso Tx which was like moving to the other end of the earth... wowwww did I every cry! My Dad had to come and pick me up from High School one day as I was crying so much I couldn't go back to classes.

He always told the story of he was called because I was crying inconsolably so they called him to leave work and come pick me up. When he got there I was so happy and laughing as I had met some gal in the bathroom and now had a friend and I didn't want to go home.

Well honestly I think there was a bit more adjusting than that and I'm sure your dau will adjust at least to some degree. Meanwhile it's really all about finances and what Mom has to deal with now that Daddy left her and remarried or is going to or whatever.

I know she's so young and cannot comprehend this and you're both dealing with the here and the now tho really I do she'll come round quick enough. Staying at her friends is a good thing for now. Will help her ease the pain of transition tho she will have to adapt and I'm sure eventually she will.

Anyway this is what people say to me!!! I truly feel it's much harder when you're older than younger tho I've been doing OK lately.

This is such a big deal tho the packing and the moving and all that crap. I surely don't envy you even tho I just went thru it. I"m still unpacking and I still need furniture tho I need $$$ too!

I'd love to visit with you if you do come out there to see your dau in Irvine. If you'd want to come here and go to Laguna Beach we could do what or whatever you'd want to do since you're driving so far. Remember also you're welcome to spend the night if you wouldn't want to drive back later in the day/evening. I just want to put it out there even tho I know you have your daughter in Irvine.

One spiney gal to another! Take good care and hang in there. I so wish I was closer and could help you as I could help pack really!!! Maria