View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 09:24 PM

Hi Maria,
Well we had moved all the big stuff on Monday. They did forget my grandmothers sewing machine , i have a message to them to bring it in the next 3 days before i am no longer renting the house In Sierra Madre.

It is fine here , quiet. We do have a lot of dogs in the neighborhood, sometimes they all get going, but so far that is it.
The second night here i went to put towels in the bathroom on the opposite side of the house that Tim and i had not been using. It was flooded and into the room that backs up to it on about 6 inches of carpet. So i do have insurance for that, one year coverage from my realtor. but they couldn't send anyone out until the next day so i called a plumber , but i will get reimbursed. He said it was a main line clog. So nothing we could have done in less than 24 hours. That pissed me off, this is supposed to have all new plumbing. I guess not to the street. So then the plumber wanted to come back with the video camera to go to the street because he got tree roots.
I declined, but today , my son tells me there is water on his carpet at the other bathroom. The plumber told me the way the pipes splilt the other bathroom was not effected. So he is coming later this afternoon.
Homeownership is starting out to scare me alone .
I am going to check in the front yard because i think a tree has been recently cut down and that may be the reason and they just didn't rooto rooter the pipes to the street before. I wish i had the sellers phone number.

They sent a notary to my house to sign everything so i never went to any official closing and met the guy.
I have a totally fenced in gated driveway yard. Yet my little dog has escaped 3 times. I have no hope of getting him walking so slow and still with a cane. I should probably still be using a walker , but i never brought it from the other house.

My son is my only helper and he seems to have some disease or something wrong that is causing him to be fatigued, he keeps falling asleep on me. We still have so much to do at the other house. I have only packed what was in the dishwasher. A few other things from the kitchen too.
My sister in law was here for a few days to i got little done then and the day before Tim goes to school morning and night. We had to get trash out at the old house and the new house and that kept him busy. he is not a worker bee that is for sure. My daughter is better , but we unpacked here this morning and now she is off to work, and now i have to wait for the plumber. Meanwhile, Tim has fallen asleep! OMG and my ex never answered my pleas for help.

So he gets left with the mess. I have left lots of dirt, some furniture that doesn't fit and a lot of trash. I told him not to wait until the last minute, but he said he can't get there until Sunday . I told him he has lots to do and he will be sorry.

You can write anytime , even though i have lots to do, i can't do much at a time and my back just gets too tired to stand up anymore. So i must sit and usually go to my computer.

But the dogs have spent lots of time enjoying the fenced in yard. The bigger dog has no problem staying in. I fixed the first 2 spots my dog got out of , but i will have to fix the next. If the guy that built the shed comes back to get his mess, i'm sure he will, i'll have him fix the front people gate. I think that was his last escape route.

My younger daughter has refused to come and live here. She came one night when she couldn't find anywhere to sleep, but one night she did stay at the house alone. There is still a day bed in there that jeff is taking. He is also getting the place cleaned. He said he was going to go halves on the moving costs, but every time i ask him to talk about money, he does not reply. He first said tomorrow, but tomorrow never came.

I still think i should have progressed more with my back. I think part of it is the really low dose of painkiller. I can't catch a break , so it is difficult to stand up at all. In the middle of the night, things hurt so i am not sleeping well either. Only for a few hours. Last night i was up 3 times. I don't see my surgeon for 2 more weeks , it should have been one, but the receptionist made a mistake and made it 5 weeks instead of 4 , i tried to change it by phone and she said he had no openings. Bullshit ! if i saw him and he said 1 week, somehow there would be openings.

It is supposed to be a hot week and no air here or in my car. I will be a mess. Or maybe hanging out somewhere air conditioned. I think i am going to have to spend a lot of money on plumbing or i would get estimates on air conditioning.
well i think i will unpack another bag of clothes now that i had my kids put my bedroom furniture where it belongs.
Let me know how you are doing
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy