View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 09:38 PM

Hi Maria
Are you lifting properly with your legs and not your back. I asked my doc at my 1 week after apt when i could start lifting, he said with my back, NEVER.
My legs are not really strong enough to get up from a squat so i have to work on that.
I am really trying to be good. But my son is really lazy. I just went to target,my first time out alone since July.
Actually my younger daughter came here last night to move in and she came and lifted the heavy stuff that she picked out. She and Tim carried it in.While we were gone i asked him to take Buddy out, put my clean laundry in my room, empty the dishwasher. None of it was done. He claimed our neighbors came by with my grandmothers old singer which missed the move and he didn't have time. I'm sure they were here for 5 whole minutes.
So i took the dog out, put my laundry in my room and need to empty the dishwasher . Becka is here , but mad as can be and she won't do a thing except complain. She wouldn't even pick out some food for her self at Target to tide her self over until i get real grocery shopping done.

WE have been here a week now and my rent ended yesterday at the old house. It is a mess, but all for jeff to deal with. It has a dryer , some other furniture which i told him to call Habitat for Humanity as they pick stuff up. But he waited until the last minute to even get to the house, so he must have made some deal with the old landlord to have extra time. He keeps texting me saying, we have to etc. I told himj what he needed to do and that i was totally done with the place. I left some pots and pans that i would have liked to have, but Tim was too lazy to get them so , I am just done. Then he was nice and asked me if i wanted any of them. I told him he would have to come get me and then i could decide when he got them out, no reply to that one.

I had my sister in law visit for 2 days at the end of last week so that kind of slowed us down a bit, but i welcomed the diversion. She did help at the house packing up some kitchen stuff which was nice. Then we showed her China town and had lunch there. She is Chinese. Has been married to my brother and living here for 9 years.

I decided to go back to my one night a week job tonight. DrFriedman emailed me a few times saying they missed me. So i told him a few weeks ago that this was my goal day to get back. My back is still needing the support of a cane to try to stand up straight. Those back muscles are taking a long time to recover.

I met my new pain management doctor yesterday. He seems very knowledgeable. He is the only doctor of mine that bothered to have me get my liver and kidneys tested after being on percocet for 4 years. He wants me to try to get off it. So he is giving me 30mg of Ms Contin twice a day and one percocet per day. I sure hope this works. I am used to taking them every 4 to 6 hours during the day and not at all at night which means i wake up miserable throughout the night. I need to get to Sierra Madre to get the prescription filled and try his program. I already got permission from him to call him if it isn't working. I took MS Contin in the past , but can't remember what dose i was on. I was also allowed to take percocet every 4 hours as needed. This will be different.
I thought i had weaned myself down pretty good. I used to take 20mg of percs as one dose and went down to 10 only 4 times a day. Sometimes only 3. But i guess these doctors want me off it soon.

My older son in Ga got all suicidal with me. So he is a great source of worry. He is very depressed and needs to turn himself into the army. He now was advised by his attorney to turn himself into a hospital VA or civilian. He hasnt received the message yet because his phone broke and i think he is waiting to get a new one.

WE really dont have that many boxes to unpack. I have only my winter long sleeve clothes to get out of one bag and another unknown bag of clothes. So not much at all. I threw out so much or donated it. It was horrible not being able to do anything at all though. I have unpacked my stuff that is about it.
I love shopping at Trader Joes too. I dont mind my kids eating their frozen food as it is all preservative and color free and that is the way i started out raising my kids. Got a little slack with the last 2, i was overwhelmed with no help from you know who.
I'll let you know how working tonight goes.
You stop doing too much.
Judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy