View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Administrator

EddieG,

The most I've ever been prescribed was 80mg/day. That was my first oxy prescription and after taking the first pill I called the doctor's office and told them it was way too much. I've had many clients who take much more than that.

Except for that one scrip (and during the 3 weeks following my L4-S1 ADR in 2002), the most I've ever taken was 60mg/day. I always try to reduce my meds when I can... then if I have to go back up, it's that much more effective.

Because of the experience with a client of mine, I'm currently trying to reduce... maybe to zero. I'm down to 2 x 10 = 20mg/day. Oxy does not last 12 hours for me. The 2 a day dosing is very hard because there is not even coverage. I much prefer to be on 3 a day dosing. I get more benefit from being on 3 x 10 instead of 2 x 20, even though it's less overall, the coverage is smoother.

My next step is to leave the oxycontin and replace with oxycodone or hydrocodone.

Call me if you want to discuss. I have some other issues that may be relevant for you too.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org