View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 10:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara
Default inconsiderate people

Before I came to ispine I posted on ADRsupport.org. I left because people were basically calling me crazy about how the Charite disc caused all of my problems - saying that the charite disc doesnt cause facet joint syndrome .. crap like that. I recently posted something to see if anyone has had a revision surgery. I'm getting a little nervous and not that many people have gone through this surgery.
Anyways - this is what some jackass wrote in reesponse: (and Mark sorry for the language but I just can't believe this):

"I see your signature says your will have an anterior fusion with posterior hardware. Is the posterior stuff REALLY necessary? Isnt the fusion enough to immobilize the area? I would think you would want to maybe give the fusion a chance, and then see if the facet pain resolves, before messing up the backside. (That's what we hope to do anyway)

Also, please clarify (for new readers) your motivation (desperation) for such a hugely foolish step (Not nearly as foolish as trying to remove a Prodisc though)."

I love the fact that I now have to have a major surgery that's going to take 4-5 hours and I get called a "fool" because this is my only option. I remember why I stopped going on that site.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Blair
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex