View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 05:50 PM

My leg pain did continue to get worse so i saw my spine surgeon. He ordered an MRI of lumbar spine and gave me a medrol dose pak. The dose pak sure cleared up the leg pain. Although he could not see any cord compression on my MRi he was going to go over it with a neuro-radiologist. He had also ordered steroid injections . Things got better so i cancelled the epidurals.
Then i had some episodes of fecal incontinence. Brought me back to my surgeon's office . He tested all my reflexes and they were all hyper. So that i think indicates a neuro problem so then i went for MRi of my thoracic and cervical areas. ON those the tech got me so comfortable, i didn't believe it could happen. My first MRIs had been postponed as the first tech did not have the experience to deal with all my metal in my spine. I was lucky to get the tech i did who they said had the most experience.
Well now my leg pain is coming back once again. My surgeon is going to go over all my MRI's and i am set up once again for steroid injections in a few weeks.
This body gets way too challenging for me. Another symptom i have which certainly may be unrelated, but i am exhausted and falling asleep all the time. A nap after waking up and again early afternoon is quite normal , even though i try not too. then by 6 i am ready for bed again. I had polymyalgia rheumatica once before and i sure hope i do not have a relapse. It is possible and a bad disease. Inflammation in muscles and causes extreme tiredmess.
so a trip to my primary to discuss this tomorrow.
Hope everyone is well or getting better
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy