View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmglobal View Post
The positive straight leg raise (SLR) does not indicate nerve damage, it indicates nerve compression that has a mechanical component that can be fired up with the SLR. If you have muscle atrophy that may be another story, however, it may or MAY NOT be related to the lumbar issue that is demonstrated by the SLR.

The muscle atrophy would up the ante and provide more urgency to identify the problem. Why would they wait on an MRI? Please remember, I'm not a doctor and can be completely wrong.

Mark
Hey thanks for your reply. Well after having a few months of this pain all i've wanted is an MRI or some kind of scan to make sure there is no problem. Because the pain started in my foot i thought it was possibly a stress fracture which then healed wrong and caused all these problems but as you said we're not doctors.

I feel as if the doctors i've been seeing don't really care and just think it's normal back pain, when i showed my GP the bony lump she said "bony lumps are normal". How can they be normal when i didn't have before! I'm seeing my doctor again next week and i'm going to request an MRI and file a complaint if they don't.. i'm sick of being in pain and have had to take time off work now.