View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:26 PM

Maria
I'm sorry you have had such a hard time with your back. After such a long time of being fine too.
Next week i am having lumbar spinal injections to calm down the area. So i will see my surgeon shortly before , but not really for talking much as he just goes from one of us to the other. Then i will see him on my follow up apt. He won't let me down. I just keep debating if i should get my primary involved .Yesterday I did one of my 15 hour in a row sleep sessions and then 4 hours later was ready for bed. With everything aching and being so tired, i am really , really worried it is a return of polymyalgia rheumatica which will really upset me. If all my muscles are inflammed again, it would explain why i still cannot stand up straight for more than a minute or 2.
I was using a cane . then i thought i am 2 months out of my last surgery, i should be doing better than this (my surgeon agreed on that one) so i thought i would push myself and try to build up my back muscles by forcing them to work. So far that has not worked. Maybe i will go back to the cane. I'll see how much it helps i guess.

Thanks for the advice and i sure hope you are feeling much, much better. Have you figured out what may have triggered it?
Any acrobatics, horse back riding? Only kidding of course
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy