Thread: Help please....
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsewell View Post
K1mh,
..... Mark is a very smart man and knows his stuff and good people.....Judy
Well, if it's on the internet, it must be true!!! Thanks for the kind words Judy. But, instead of 'take my advice', I say, 'take everything I say with a grain of salt... I'm not a doctor, have limited experience and may be completely wrong!' I'm just another source. It is up to the individual patient to gather info, determine the veracity, weigh the value and hopefully make the most informed decision possible.

The SI issue is a huge frustration for me. There are surgeons that I work with frequently and have spent literally hundreds of hours with. Even those surgeons will scoff when I suggest that they seriously try to rule out the SI.

I don't know how you find an SI guy locally. I'm embarrassed when I tell my clients to go see a doctor in Minneapolis when they live in a major metropolitan area, across the country, that probably has a much larger surgeon population than does Minneapolis.

You might want to call around and find out who is experienced with SI procedures... not only surgeons but also pain management doctors. They may do SI ablations. REMEMBER!!!!! you are not looking for a procedure, you are just looking for someone who can rule the SI in or out effectively. If the results are not obvous, don't accept a diagnosis based on wishful thinking. I believe that someone skilled in identifying SI joint dysfunction will be able to manipulate you in a way that mobilizes the SI and will light up your pain.

Remember that the doctors that do the SI ablations may be too quick to diagnose it, but that is why I say you are looking for the diagnosis... not the procedure.

Did childbirth change things? I believe that the purpose of the SI joint is to provide flexibility of the pelvis during childbirth. Chemicals, enzymes, fairy dust or some other substance is released as childbirth nears that softens the ligaments allowing more motion.

Check for a private message from me.

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org