View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:30 PM

Default kelly-post surgery in germany

Hi
It has been 2 years since my Adr surgery at the Betaklinik with Dr Zeegers.I had a post-op complication-a blood clot on my spinal cord L5S1.It was evacuated but now have cauda equina syndrome as a result.
I have had no new improvements since my last post but have had some new problems.My artificial disc is open 12 degrees when i flex(bend forward) and is causing me alot of pain.Sitting now creates alot of back discomfort.I have been to a local spine surgeon who feels I need revision surgery.London science hospital doctors have refused to see me (as I had the initial operation elsewhere).I have been in touch with Dr Zeegers also.I am unable to afford to go back to Germany for further surgery.That was a one -shot-deal.I wish I could go back but it is not an option at this time.I feel things moving backwards again.I still take neurontin 2900 mg for nerve pain,Tramadol 200 mg for pain,Cymbalta to enhance nerve medication etc.
I remain to have nerve damage to lower back -feet.No bladder or bowel control.Have recently been to a seminar re "peristeen" system for bowels and am waiting for the ok from my insurance company.
I still keep in touch with Mark who is a great support for me.Dr Zeegers stated that my husband was a "good man" as we were still together.(as i now have issues with sex,bladder bowel etc)I took excepion to this but at the same time I love and respect my husband for being here for me(for better,for worse).
I guess I am not as positive about my outcome as I was when i felt there was a chance to recover from Cauda equina syndrome and of course now having back issues but I still face each day with a good attitude and a sense of humor.
I would be interested if anyone knows a spinal surgeon in the Montreal area?I know Dr zeegers did some teaching there.Thanks for keeping up with my progress and will check in frequently.Thank you for all the info and encouraging words.It is so appreciated!!
kelly