View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:24 PM

Default re thoracic pain

Hi Judy,
Is your thoracic pain hurting badly whenever you walk as in the house or just do errands or do you mean as in taking a walk (prolonged)? I'm just wondering. Is it anything like it was before you had surgery? I hope not.

Re the incontinence is that at just anytime? I had some incontinence long ago before my first discectomy. It wasn't stress incontinence as it'd just all of a sudden appear.. it did go away after my first spine surgery at L5S1 and came back briefly before my 2nd spine surgery but not quite as bad.

Lately my back has been doing better. Got a new bed. Tatami platform bed with 2 two tatami mats (very very firm) and placed a rather thin and soft cotton futon over it and then had to add several layers of comforters as the surface is really hard however extremely good for my back.

I've been able to walk more and go to the gym here and even been able to sit a bit more at the computer. Don't want to overdo anything however as I know this old back of mine even tho that last flare up was "different" tho may have been L3 acting up considering that everything felt "higher up" in terms of pain most of the time (than low lumbar altho that occurred as well).

Was supposed to have an appt. with my PTP OSS Dec 17th but I was not on the schedule so that has been put off until January. That's Ok w/me as I have all my medical stuff to get out of the way re end of the year cramming everything in. The back is WC so that can be anytime. Just hope my back doesn't go out before the appt. happens!

Anyway keep us posted re what's going on. I hope you do get a referral to the Neurologist to rule out what's happening with the incontinence and hope the thoracic pain isn't too bad.

Are you still volunteering at your doctor's?

Last edited by Maria; 12-13-2012 at 03:26 PM.