View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 07:11 PM

My toenails are hurting more and more and all i wore so far today was slippers. I just wish it wasn't done in the surgery area and could be an office thing. Not that i want to feel any pain from it all! Just seems like a bit much for general anesthesia for toenails , i guess because it is a permanent removal. I've had them each removed twice in the last year or so. As they got to the top they are just trying to grow under, the whole nail, not just the corners. VEry deformed.
Also i am due for another colonoscopy and my gastro doc said mine has to be done under general anesthesia because of all the pain meds i have been on for years, he doesn't think the conscious sedation will work on me. Lucky me i get to go to the hospital again and at 6am check in, my poor son, he will love that one. Usually they are done at this gastro docs center which is run fantastically. Everyone there is so awesome. Oh well.
SEEms like my lumbar pain is coming back so the shots lasted a month. I have to wait 3 more months before i can have any more.

I really can handle that if it were not for the very uncomfortable feeling walking upright. I can't really straighten out at all, but i get very bent over when tired, like after 5 minutes of walking. I just don't see how this can imporve and it is really bumming me out. I have to find a level place to test out my walking ability. Going down to the beach would be wonderful, after Christmas if it is not raining all week. I will have to leave Buddy home because on a leash he pulls me like crazy. He is so excited to be out after our long exercise layoff. I am also planning on starting at the gym again too. I will start on the bike first then see about that eliptical!! See if i can make it 5 minutes.
I imagine next time i see my doc he might be ready to send me to physical therapy.
Right now my bed is full of wrapping paper and i still have a bit to wrap, then grocery shop too. There is no way i can get it all done, because i will fall asleep just like yesterday at 6pm!!! I woke up for a few mintues here and there when the kids came home, but really was zonked by 6pm.

WEll Happy Holidays to all.
jucy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy