View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 11:17 PM

Housemd89,

Two years ago I had exactly the same symptoms.Persistent pain in lower back,buttocks,legs & feet.Also tender swelling in lower back. In my case the pains & pins & needles were due to trapped nerves in the L5 & L4 area. The swelling was due to inflammation. I had an X ray which showed an old gardening injury left untreated for 20 years was now causing problems. I then had an MRI to give a clearer picture.

In my case I have an unstable spine so have just completed a course of physio therapy. Some of the exercises actually made it worse so you do need to be aware that not all exercises will be beneficial. The main thing is to exercise everyday so you keep as flexible as you can. I find walking the easiest & most beneficial followed by stretching. What also helps is getting the correct medication for your condition. In my case something for pain with an anti inflammatory component. The swelling has gone & the pain is mostly controlled. My lifestyle has had to change too as I need to move about a bit every hour or so or I get very stiff.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Griffen; 12-26-2012 at 11:20 PM.