View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsewell View Post
I have always had cold feet as long as i can remember. I have had some significant spine surgery in the last 5 years and am pretty much fused except for the upper cervical levels and the lowest lumbar level. It has been painful at times. Related to the issue of nerve problems in the lumbar area effecting the legs and lower back, i had surgery in Aug 2012 to repair 2 fractures as well as fuse L4-5. Well i woke up from that one in so much pain, i can't even explain it. I could NOT put any weight on my right leg and little on my left leg. Pain even when not weight bearing. I went home from the hospital after a week and came home able to do nothing except get to the toilet (with lots of pain) and get back to bed. Every 4 days i would suffer the trip upstairs to the shower. It was horrible. I had to wait for my insurance co to approve the surgery to go backwards and reverse what had been done. It was approved quickly as an emergency basis, then i had to wait for my doc to have a free moment on his schedule. Unfortunatley the whole waiting period was 5 weeks.
I felt pretty darn good after the surgery, the weakness of the legs was still there, but no pain , except surgical pain and the back pain was back. It is a long road to regain as much spine health as possible. It sucks!! I used to be a mountain trail runner 4 years ago. Then reduced to hiker and now i dont even go for a walk. The leg pain has come back in the opposite leg that caused the most problem, i have had epidural injections that have helped things, but this must be an ongoing process.
sorry this has been such a long long post.
Oh my ct after the first surgery while i was in excrutiating pain showed nothing abnormal. A few weeks before the second surgery it showed that the screws were pulling out.
so just wanted to share and maybe give someone some insight. Any questions feel free to ask.
Everyone get better!!!
judy
Thanks for the reply, that sounds a hard journey you've been through, hopefully you get better soon.

My cold feet are weird as I don't feel them cold but when i touch them they are always freezing, is yours the same? I notice in your sig you had hammertoe correction and was curious how did it start? My toes are always cramping up and bending in weird ways and it's very hard to get them back to normal and every i'm praying they don't stick like that. What caused your spine problems?

I'm just furious that i've had this since last April and not had one diagnostic test.