View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 AM

Default Back Institute Ditsworth,Atlantic Back Liu

Hi All,
I've been a lurking around the site on and off for some time and this is my first post.
After reading many of your posts I feel fortunate that at a this time from what the doctors tell me I only need a lumbar discectomy for a HNP @ L5 S1( knock on wood).

Like most, my current state was proceeded with chronic LBP which eventually lead to a HNP in 2005. I was to scared to undergo any spinal surgery or injections and did nothing but chiro and PT. It left me with numbness of my left foot and perminent weakness of my calf. 3 months ago I reinjured my back and the numbness and weakness has significantly increased and am lossing my push off when I walk.

I've seen 3 highly respected docs in NY 2 orthopods and 1 neuro surgeons all of which want to perform the laminectomy discectomy proceedure all of which they propose is minimally invasive.
I am trying to avoid that traumatic approach and would prefer a full endoscopic discectomy.

I have consulted with Dr. K. Liu from Atlantic Spine Institute in NJ and recently with Dr David Ditsworth of Back institute in CA. Both consider me a good candidate. But considering I have a significant herniation and migrated fragment I wonder if this proceedure can gain access to and remove the inferiorly migrated fragment and result in this miracle cure they propose. I am also considering consulting Dr. A. Yeung as well
Doing nothing the first time left me with permanent weakness and here I am again in the same situation only worse and still having a difficult time making a decision.
Any personal experiences, outcomes , recommendations or general thoughts regarding those mentioned would be greatly appreciated

Wishing everyone good luck and future health

Thanks
Mitch

Last edited by MB123; 01-16-2013 at 02:49 AM.