View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 PM

Default improvement is possible

I'd like to state that back when I was living in Fla around 2003 Bonati had a not so good rep yet it seems that with time this Institute has improved at least in terms of reputation.

I think one has to realize that:
A) there are failures in spine surgery with just about any surgeon and that doesn't necessarily have to do with the surgeon or just with the surgeon

B) There can be improvement (or the opposite) in the Institute that comes out of negative reviews so to continually label anything for infinity either good or bad without knowing much more about up to date and current practices/outcomes is useless as credible information.

C) One should exercise caution on believing statements such as "we'll have you trekking in Tibet in no time" or statements that sound too good to be true. One has to really do the research and IMHO get a number of opinions, weigh them, and make the best decision possible. If it's an emergency situation things might be different re taking time to research however often there is enough time to try the conservative route and research the surgical options.

good luck to anyone that suffers spinal pain and has to decide on where to go, what to do and when to do it regarding spine surgery. It's a huge decision and can definately be a life altering experience.

Last edited by Maria; 01-16-2013 at 02:45 PM.