View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmglobal View Post
Your physio deals with the failures and is trying to keep you from being one. Great outcomes spend little time with him. I appreciate the sentiment that spine surgeons may be too quick to act upon pathology observed in the imaging, but that does not mean that the imaging will not be useful. It is not the be-all, end-all decider. Not doing a scan because it may lead to surgery is absurd. It is only another one of many tools that will be used to help you make a more informed decision about your treatment.

Having said all that... spine surgery sucks and should be avoided if possible. My little rant above is very useful info... but if you find yourself with failed back surgery, it will seem like very bad advice.

Mark
Yeah I tried to explain to her surgery is the last thing I want, it's typical NHS wanting to save money. I think going to go private gave them the kick they needed and they phoned to tell me I am getting a scan, good news at last. They seem to think I may have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, the hypermobility type. I have read online this can cause scollosis and herniated discs.