View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:26 PM

Default just food for thought

I don't want to rain on your parade so to speak thinking that because you didn't get the result you wanted with the fusion that the ADR would have definately addressed the issue and made all the probs go away perhaps you'd still have pain/probs.

Hindsight is 20/20. I guess it is pretty disconcerting however to think that you're definately going to get an ADR then wake up with a fusion. Esp. if this wasn't a trial. Sorry that happened to you!

However I cannot see a reputable surgeon removing a cervical peek cage that didn't have some serious issues besides not addressing the pain without doing extensive diagnostics and waiting a certain period of time to determine whether the fusion would eventually address the issues.

Maybe a problem above or below the cage you have now will occur and you will be a candidate for future revision surgery and/or ADR at another level.

Maybe you'd find someone to remove the cage even if it wasn't truly warrented and perform an ADR and find out you'd still have a certain degree of pain/probs because of going in and doing more surgery and greater potential for scar tissue to develop.

Consider your options wisely because you may think this is the worst you can be but things can likely be worse than you're experiencing now. Or perhaps not. I know we all want to think the best when it comes to surgery and regaining our careers and lifestyles.

Good luck with your future consultations whatever might be found or done to help with a hopefully successful recovery.

Last edited by Maria; 02-02-2013 at 10:35 PM.