View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:43 PM

Default symptoms of myelopathy

I don't know if I can answer your question or in fact I probably cannot suffice to say that some of my symptoms post my 2nd lumbar spine surgery were exacerbated and even worsened and some symptoms were even new tho after what seemed like years (and was years . ..12 years on Neurontin) most of those symptoms are gone.

I think it's probably a matter of the right area being addressed, then reduction of swelling and irritation around the nerve area that was addressed and then healing and hopefully no other areas that are close by with connecting neural pathways becoming involved. Or maybe speaking about lumbar areas.. and I think what I had were considered radiculopathies/neuorpathies.

That being said I could be completely off there...I just know that my last lumbar spine surgery was 1992.. it took nearly to 2005/6 to feel this much better re nerve related symptoms like awful deep burning pain and then numbness (which was scary tho not nearly as bad as the burning) to go away.

Now occasionally I feel like there is water running down my leg or something on it when there isn't but it's not every single day or 24/7.

I am thankful for even this much improvement tho remember I'm speaking about a lumbar spine surgery that failed (it was my 2nd lumbar surgery/discectomy). It sounds like your surgery was a success and you are well on your way to healing. Ihope whatever symptoms you are experiencing will not be uncomfortable and will be fairly short lived and/or at least not too bothersome.

Wishing you the best with that!

Last edited by Maria; 02-08-2013 at 11:49 PM.